21 August 2009

A Little Luxurious Levity


If you always play it safe, that's ok. But not everyone does. For some, life is tough enough out there; when they get home, they would like a bit of cheer. Something unexpected that makes them smile again when they see it. Something just a little luxe, but in a fresh way.

Enter the designs of Christopher Guy and Emma Gardner, two of my favorites for clients who emphatically don't want a plain vanilla aesthetic. Hey, they probably like Christian Liaigre, but they want to mix it up, shake things up. Here they are shown alongside iconic French designers Frederic Mechiche, Jacques Adnet, and Jean Royere.


Emma Gardner's "Whole Baby Fish" Rug in Acid Hand-Knotted
Silk and Wool


Christopher Guy's Playful Headboard
Made up of Silk and Mohair Upholstered Ellipses


Iconic French Designer Jean Royere's
"Upholstered Bear Chairs"



Emma Gardner's "Joy" Rug in
Springtime Green Hand-Knotted Silk and Wool




Pair of Raspberry Fauiteuls by Jacques Adnet, Celebrated Icon of
Luxurious French Modernism




"Fire Island" Rug in Pale Shell Hand-Knotted Silk and Wool
by Emma Gardner



"Fishtail" in Chocolate Fossil Hand-Knotted Silk and Wool
by Emma Gardner


Emma Gardner's "Koi Pond" in Aqua
Hand-Knotted Silk and Wool


"Canape Allure" by Frederic Mechiche, French Designer
Known for Injecting Playfulness Into Luxury Designs



"Palace" Rug in Midnight Hand-Knotted
Silk and Wool


Christopher Guy's Design Squared Headboard
Made up of Silk and Mohair Upholstered Squares





.............................................................


Kit Golson Design

for elegant, sustainable and pragmatic

Chic Provence Interior Design

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kit-


    A wonderful collection--very elegant. French style, especially.

    I am looking forward to seeing you in San Francisco in September.

    cheers, www.thestylesaloniste.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous...i want to decorate my house with all those elements

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kit~ I want the canape allure for my home office-very nice! On Monday I'm going to post a picture of my globe collection on my blog just for you...check it out!

    Denny

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Diane, thanks for stopping by! Yes I will see you in SF soon. Enjoy these beautiful days of summer!
    a bien tot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, I know the perfect designer to bring all these elements to your home!! Thanks for stopping by!
    bisous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Denny, can't wait to see the globes...combining my favorites: maps and spheres...

    thanks for stopping, I will see you online Monday!
    later alligator

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just discovered you from Habitually Chic!! I have just subscribed!!
    SOOOO cute!!!!!
    looking forward to your news from the Bay Area.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Erin! Welcome and thanks for stopping by and subscribing. I checked out your blog and love love the post on Julia & Julie. Now I am hungry! So I will be subscribing to you as well.

    Thanks for the sweet comments! Don't you love Habitually Chic??

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think! merci!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails