12 November 2013

Gorgeous Paintings: Provence


Sometimes all you need is a quick look at a stunningly beautiful late 19th C. French Impressionist painting to make the sun come out and shadows dapple through the branches while the warm breezes caress your cheek. Escape the escalating wintry days. 

This is exactly the feeling I get when I look at some of my favorite Provençal paintings and artists. How many of these do you know, and how do you like your Impressionists?

artist Vincent Van Gogh of white roses in a vase

artist Vincent Van Gogh, of the olive trees in St. Remy

artist Cezanne of les Alpilles
artist Matisse of a still life with gorgeous fabric and fruit



***


You will see some of these artists' works on the Chic Provence Design Tour... come join us!






see details and what happy guests have to say:
download registration forms here 





We quickly sold last year so let me know right away 
if you you would like me to hold a space for you!



questions? 
skype me: kitgolson
call or text me:  650-302-6883








3 comments:

  1. Kit each one you chose just exudes relaxation. Exactly what I needed at the end of this busy day at work. Thank you and wishing you a easy going week ahead.
    x Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb! thanks for visiting... hoping all is well in Bonny Scotland... btw we are planning a trip there soon I hope! well in the spring for sure...xoxo

      Delete
  2. All 4 paintings are lovely, but my favourite is the olive trees of St. Remy. We were there in March and this painting brings back wonderful memories of such a beautiful place. My favorite impressionist painter is Degas as his ballet works remind me of the years my daughter was a ballerina.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think! merci!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails